These agencies such as the Police, Fire and EMS also have the common goal of communicating across agencies and across jurisdictions seamlessly and with a high level of confidence. This requires a network and dispatch equipment that interfaces with multiple manufacturers and that can be configured to suit the region of activity and scope of operations.
Ultimately, First Responders rely on a communications network that allows them to talk to their team mates, supervisors and dispatchers instantly and from any location, regardless of the underlying technologies.
Omnitronics provides a number of solutions to meet these needs:
- The 619 Range of Audio Bridges enables interoperability between frequency bands and provide a simple way of rebanding and/or narrowbanding a network
- The IPR Range of VoIP adapters/gateways for connecting existing Analog Equipment via an IP network and providing the number of benefits RoIP gives organizations.
- The DX-Altus Radio Management System which provides phased upgrades from analog to digital protocols, interoperability between protocols and complete redundancy, amongst many other benefits.
- The DX-Altus is also compatible with a range of digital features such as GPS Tracking, Rapid Recall and Discrete Listening. All important features to ensure personnel are safe and accounted for.
- RediTALK for small to medium offices that would like the power of digital radio but without the complexity of a server.
The types of Public Safety organization’s Omnitronics provides solutions for include:
- Communication and Dispatch Centers
- Police Departments
- Fire and EMS
- Ambulance Rescue Services
- Surf Life Saving
Fielding emergency calls quickly and accurately
Spok enables more accurate and faster emergency dispatching by giving your public safety answering point (PSAP) call takers the speed and flexibility to field emergency calls. The Spok® solution is flexible enough to incorporate new requirements as they arise, yet highly reliable to handle the critical task of answering and dispatching 911 calls.
Increase safety for staff and visitors
Currently, the phone systems of many large facilities transmit only the main billing phone number to the 911 answering point—not the 911 caller’s exact phone number and precise location (building, floor, room). Spok's enhanced 911 (E911) solutions make sure the exact location of the 911 call — not just the billing address — is passed to a 911 answering point (PSAP). This kind of reliable, automatic transfer of information will help you provide vital, lifesaving details and notify the appropriate onsite personnel that an emergency call is in progress.
Improving productivity with contact center solutions
Spok's operator console provides contact center operators with the right information to process your mission-critical calls efficiently, while providing a complete audit trail of communications, including the exact time messages are delivered, received, and read. Additionally, expand your system’s capabilities beyond your operator group by offering an alternative method by which directory information can be accessed with a secure Web-based directory*. Keep personnel information current by allowing authorized users to log on anywhere, anytime to perform a variety of important updates, manage on-call scheduling, send messages, and perform directory searches.
So you need Wi-Fi?
You simply have to view these videos to understand how UC-Wireless will fix your Wi-Fi for good!